Prev: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters Next: RE: RE: Re: Fighters

Re: Fighters

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:00:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters

At 8:34 AM -0700 5/6/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>This actually makes sense.  IF the problem iswith fighters in genral
>and not just vs FB1 designs, it's a logical way of addressing it.
>
>I must say I do see your point about fighter range vs. PDS range.
>Perhaps reducing the range at which fighters can attack, or
>increasing PDS kill ratios, would make sense as well.

So then it would require even more fighters for carriers to be useful.

The current issue is that fighters have to pummel a ship to bits
before it is dead. In the ocean you let X amount of water into the
hull and it sinks. That was why torpedo's were so awful for any kind
of ship when launched from Aircraft.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters Next: RE: RE: Re: Fighters