Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Re: Another tack on fighters

Re: Another tack on fighters

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 09:05:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Another tack on fighters

Flak Magnet wrote:

>Nothing that turns me off to the game, but
>it certainly makes me want to develop some rules for running a campaign
>in which players are forced to do evolutionary ship design...
>
>Let's see... everyone starts with small, basic ships that are exactly
>the same... they learn the rules with those ships (not many people here
>play, and I have yet to play anyone myself)...
>
>I'll cut myself off there and if I figure out some way to enforce
>evolutionary ship design by some abtract campaign system or something,
>I'll put it up to the list.

I've been contemplating the same thing for my setting.	The beauty of a
setting/campaign is that if you run it like a large-scale RPG, with each

player's "Character" being a power instead of an individual, as "GM" you
can
always step in arbitrarily to intervene if the rules don't cover a given

situation adequately.  This should be a minimally employed tactic, but
"Because I said so" is definitely a weapon any good GM keeps in his
arsenal.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Re: Another tack on fighters