Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: RE: Another tack on fighters

Re: Another tack on fighters

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 03:37:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Another tack on fighters

While I don't do fighters much myself, this has raised a question:

(here I use PD meaning all Point Defense type systems.)

If the fighters are overpowering vs FB1 ships, is it because:
  A) FB1 ships don't carry enough PD?
  B) The fighter-vs-ship attack rolls are too good?  (ie they have a
higher hit rate than the PDs.)
  C) The PDs don't do enough damage to fighters/ect.?
  D) Is it some combination of the above?
  E) Or is it really down to player tactics/ship designs/random results?

Any educated answers?

Donald Hosford