Prev: Re: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: DS2 FAQ

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:19:32 EDT
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

In a message dated Wed, 1 May 2002 04:10:15 -0700, stiltman@teleport.com

writes:

<< Smaller area defense escorts very quickly fell out of favor in our
games.
All the good that ever did was to make me hold my fighters in reserve
for a
moment while my needle beamers or capital ships' armament (which was
always
good enough to at least bring down an escort ship) destroyed or disabled
them all so that my fighters could have a turkey shoot on the rest of
the
formation.   >>

    I don't know I recently used a PDS/ADFS, sucessfully basing it off
the
Radetzky class C of the NSL.  It weapons load were changed to 1 Class 2
with
360 arc, 2 Class 1's and 8 PDS.  Used it to cover my Szent Istvan BDN
(-hanger and a Class 4 forward only) and Markgraf CH, but not my 2
Waldburg
DD and 1 Waldburg-M DD against like 12 FSE ship fleet (CH, CL, 2 DH, 2
DD, 4
FF, 2 FF modified with Needle guns).  My fleet did well.  We were able
engage and destroy the FSE fleet with total distruction with loses,
minor on
our side, 1 DD and the ADFS/PDS ship almost crippled, which happened
after
the FSE charged and we ended up at like 3" range.  PDS sytem took down 1
FF
on it own, and other weapons killed another FF.  But it got all the FSE
firing at it with everything under the sun that turn..	It just dodged
well.

Prev: Re: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: DS2 FAQ