Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: RE: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:05:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

On  2-May-02 at 13:08, Flak Magnet (flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com)
wrote:
> Here's a refinement of that idea:  Limit the number of fighters that
can
> attack a single ship *per firing arc of the ship*.  This would a
> tactical element as "where" you attack from will now be relevant if
> you're trying to swarm a large ship with fighters... ("Yellow group
will
> take longer to swing around for an effective attack run, so red group
> has to linger out of AFPDS range long enough for them to take part in
> co-ordinated attack.")

> Comments?  Am I forgetting the KISS principle?  (Keep It Simple
Stupid).

Overly complicated for no real gain.

I would just say one fighter squadron per X mass of the ship.  Say
X=40?

One thing I will point out is that this allows players to design
ships that are fighter-proof, 8 PDSs per 40 mass with my
example.

Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: RE: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity