Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: Re: This is _so_ not appreciated (was Re: AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?)

Re: Chupacabra ? was: [GZG AARs]

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 09:22:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Chupacabra ? was: [GZG AARs]

At 11:41 AM 5/1/02 +0200, you wrote:
>>  I *really* need to find me some Chupacabra miniatures.
>
>???
>Please explain.
>
>"Chupacabra" in Spanish would be "Goatsucker", but that doesn't make
much
>sense either.

That's it exactly.  It's supposed to be some weird, malevolent animal
that
was killing goats and drinking their blood somewhere in Mexico and Latin
America.  There are a couple of different versions of the beast, but the
most usual depiction is the one a the top of this page here:
http://www.princeton.edu/~accion/chupa.html

...although these folks appear to take the Goatsucker a lot more
seriously
than I do.

There's a somewhat less awful picture available here:
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/chupacabra1.jpg
...too.

I figure that I'll use them as the Grey Alien equivalent of laboratory
test
animals -- think of them as Alien bunny rabbits! -- in which form they
will
make fine scenario McGuffins.

At one point, a few years ago, SOMEONE made miniatures of these
creatures...along with some other classicly styled alien creatures.  I
have
no idea who they were, though, and have been unable to fins any trace of
them.  I *did* find a nice Loch Ness Monster, though, thanks to the
Honorable Lead Boiling Suit folks, so all is not lost.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: Re: This is _so_ not appreciated (was Re: AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?)