Prev: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity Next: [OT]Stupid question about sloped armour

RE: Dune

From: Chen-song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:16:02 -0600
Subject: RE: Dune

I have the DVD of the Dune TV miniseries.  (this is the one with William
Hurt that you're talking about right?)	It's far closer to the book than
the movie from the 80's with Sting.  I think it also captures the whole
"low tech" feel of the book very well, and if you know any military
history, you'll love the Sardaukars' uniforms :)  Th downside (maybe) is
that it contains mostly unknown actors (other than William Hurt), and
that may or may not be your thing.  No Patrick Stewart as Gurney in this
one :)	Personally I liked the DVD very much, since it's got much better
picture quality and some extra commentary on all the characters, actors,
etc., as well as "making of" videos.  I definitely recommend the DVD if
you could get it.

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
listening
to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson of Nintendo, Inc.  1989