Prev: Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye) Next: Vallejo paints.

RE: RE: [OT] wargaming at work (was Steel Wariors)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:12:35 -0400
Subject: RE: RE: [OT] wargaming at work (was Steel Wariors)

Tony's boss: "Tony, we've got a tough one for you.  We want you to write
a game of futuristic ground combat, aimed at a brighter audience than
the Warhammer crowd."
Tony: "Gee, that sounds pretty eas^h^h^h...tough."
TB: "We want it to be kind of turn based, kind of simultaneous movement.
 Lord knows how you're going to solve that, but we're counting on you."
Tony: "Kind of an integrated turn sequence, so to speak?  Alternating
activations within a turn?"
TB: "Exactly!  Brilliant.  And we need for you to design models for the
tanks and infantry.  Now, we may even go so far as to have some sort of
metal playing pieces licensed, so you'll need to find out what kinds of
things not only look good on a screen, but can also be cast."
Tony: "Well sir, I've got a pretty--"
TB: "Pretty full plate, I know, but we're relying on you.  We've hired a
masseuse to help you deal with the stress...and of course there's a
major bonus if you can pull this off."