Prev: RE: [FT] Andromeda Next: [FT] Andromeda and other ship stats {LONG}

RE: Andromeda

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:38:34 +0100
Subject: RE: Andromeda

In message <a35af22e4b.Charles@nerik.monkslode.fsnet.co.uk>
	  Charles Taylor <nerik@monkslode.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <2E66F35C37F692459A7BCEC6CC9782B81F239C@exchange.kuju.com>
>	    "Tony Francis" <tony.francis@kuju.com> wrote:

(ie five and a half tiems as long as an NAC SDN). I'm not even going to
think about the mass this represents ....

> > Tony
> >
> Well, going by the tonnage listed on the website (96.4 kTonnes), she's
> _only_ 964 MASS :-)
>
> I think the tonnages listed may be a bit low :-)
>
> Charles

What I forgot to add - the 1sr episode dialog gives an approximate
volume for Andromeda of 20 million cubic m (actual hull volume) - with
that 96.4 kTonne, thats 5kg per cubic m - or 1/200 of the density of
water!

Charles

Prev: RE: [FT] Andromeda Next: [FT] Andromeda and other ship stats {LONG}