Prev: Suits and TOS was...Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1108 Next: RE: Andromeda

RE: [FT] Andromeda

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:19:49 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Andromeda

In message
<F4783C94B5D9F1479D984ABC31C2643502FC61@rxgen2s1.rxkinetix.com>
	  "B Lin" <lin@rxkinetix.com> wrote:

> From the offical website:
>
> Hangar carries over 100 smaller craft including an entire wing of
strike and tactical fighters.

> Crew: 4,200
>
> Length: 1301 m
> Beam: 976 m
> Height: 325 m
>
> Mass: 96,408,876 kg or 96.4 kilotons (metric)

As I mentioned, seems a bit low, -  using Fleet Book scale thats 964
MASS.

> Combat systems:
> 40 ELS missile tubes
Use SMLs or multi-purpose SM/MTMLs
> 12 PDL 50 Megawatt turrets
Standard PDS system
> 12 AP cannons
Beam Batteries?
> 36 Centaur tactical fighters
6 groups of interceptors[1]
> 36 Shrike strike fighters
6 groups of attack fighters[1]
> 12 Phoenix atmospheric attack craft
2 groups aerospace fighters[2]
> 16 Oracle Heavy Sensor/attack drones
> 8 Janus light sensor/attack drones
24 drones in all[3]
> 6 Radiating ECM generators
6 Decoys[4]
> 1 AI
[5]

> Armament:
> OM-5 offensive kinetic kill missiles
> DM-5 defensive kinetic kill missiles
> PM-6 Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles
> PM-6L Strategic Star Arrow extended range anti-ship missiles
> PM-6LII Strategic Star Arrow multiple independent kill vehicle (MIKV)
variant
> SAPM-6III Strike Arrow surface attack variant
> Nova Bombs
WAYYYYYY beyond the scope of Full Thrust :-)
She carries 40 of these... how many of the others!!!??? [6]

> For reference:
> Shrike strike fighter is equipped with a single AP cannon and 3 ELS
tubes.	Up to 6 PM-6 Star Arrow smart missiles may be loaded.

> Centaur tactical fighter is equipped with dual AP cannon and 2 ELS
tubes with up to 6 OM-5 offensive or defensive missiles.

> Phoenix atmospheric fighter is equipped with dual PDL cannon and three
ELS tubes with up to 6 SAPM-6III Strike Arrow missiles.

> Attack drones - the drones drop their sensor packages and ram their
targets with yields from kilotons up to a gigaton of explosive power.

> --Binhan

Well, its an interesting project - the website helpfully provides stats
for other High Guards ships as well, so any would be game stat writer
(i.e. me) doesnt have to do a ADB or AoG and invent lots of other ships
to flesh out the fleet.

OTOH, I've _no_ idea what some of these ships look like. :-)

Anyway, the notes:

[1] Both these fighter types carry missiles, so could have 'added'
torpedo capability - see [6]
[2] Probably more suitable to design this using DS II.
[3] Full Thrust could use some 'drone' rules, there are a couple in the
WDA - say move as fighters, have sensors (maybe enhanced/superior) - can
attack by ramming - as KE kill missile
[4] These can act as standard FT decoys (see the FT sensor rules), or as
small moving area ECM generators
[5] FT could use some rules for AI ships - probably as an adjunct to
some crew quality rules - for basics; say - ship can function w/o life
support (but cannot FTL - genre rule), ship has self-repair capability
(here's an idea, DCPs can repair 'killed' DCPs :-), ship may have
initiative bonuses (if relevant).
[6] The missile system could use a variant of the 'new' MT missile rules
&
the Salvo Missile rules: Standard launchers, can launch a varity of
ordnance: note that the fighters fire the same missiles types.

Well, I think this could be worked out the target MASS should probably
be in the FT DN/SDN range ('ship of the line'), say
241 (1 MASS = 400 Tonnes)
or
321 (1 MASS = 300 Tonnes)

Anyway, it's something for me to work on.

Charles

Prev: Suits and TOS was...Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1108 Next: RE: Andromeda