Prev: GenCon Event Registration Next: RE: Andromeda

Re: Moderation of GZG-L

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:42:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Moderation of GZG-L

Roger Books wrote:

> GZG has arrived.  <hint>You know a list has arrived when there are
> more posts about moderation and ettiquite than there are
> about the actual topic.</hint>

Heh.  Given that there what, about 100 posts out of the 2000 we're going
to see this month, I don't think we're quite at that horrible point yet.

> Tis a dead topic.  Most don't want moderation and few have time
> to be moderators anyway.  Can we let it drop?

Fine by me.  I just wanted to bring up that alternatives do exist to
the current self-organizing anarchy that exists right now -- and, that
they're easier to put into place now, when list traffic is 'only' 2000
a month, then when it grows again. Besides, it is always better if we
make a conscious decision, as opposed to letting things be because
that's the way it always has been.   And given what people have
mentioned
on this list, I felt it was appropriate to ask even the lurkers to speak
up, to see if they had any opinions on the subject.

If we assume that everybody thinks the way we do, we are make a
horrible mistake.

Thanks,
JGH
--
*** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan ***
	  "Up, up and away, away from me -- It's alright...

Prev: GenCon Event Registration Next: RE: Andromeda