Prev: RE: [OT] Sea Leopard Next: Re: Transporting Figures - new case design

Re: RP Trees was Re: [OT] Sea Leopard

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:48:00 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: RP Trees was Re: [OT] Sea Leopard

Quoting Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:04:24 -0700 "Brian Bilderback"
> <bbilderback@hotmail.com> writes:
> <snip>
> >Let's see.  My blanket statement was that MOST terrain in the pacific
>
> >wasn't
> >suited for LARGE-SCALE tank combat.	Other than exceptions like Korea
>
> >and
> >Manchuria, most of the pacific WAS pretty jungle-clad, no?  Or maybe
> >I'm
> >hallucinating all those trees in places like the Phillipines....
> >
> >3B^2
> >

> Given the number of trees cut down to make chop sticks for Japanese
> since
> WW2 it surprising that there are *Any* trees in the Philippines...

Trees, right, we should be using MORE of, not less.

All this stuff made of plastic... I was in a restaurant the other day
and
they've started putting toothpicks on the tables. I'm looking at this
trying to
remember if I'd got on a plane that morning without noticing, but no, I
am
still in the heart of England and there are toothpicks on the table.
Toothpicks! On the tables!! FFS. But it gets WORSE. They're made of
**PLASTIC**

We're taking a non-renewable, carbon-positive resource and turning it
into
disposable toothpicks!!!!

Wooden ones, although having them on the table would upset me no less,
at least
are made from a bio-degradeable carbon-neutral - chop trees, make
toothpicks,
mulch up toothpicks, plant trees in mulch.. The trick is to plant trees
as fast
as you chop 'em down. Which is the bit that everyone misses out.

But, oh my god, using PLASTIC for something like that?

Brr. I tell you, between the environmentalist tree-hugging nutters and
the
world-destroying psychopath corporations there is a happy medium, and we
are
Not At It.

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: RE: [OT] Sea Leopard Next: Re: Transporting Figures - new case design