Prev: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps Next: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

From: "Hudak, Michael" <mihudak@s...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:11:51 -0400
Subject: RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

> I imagine that Very long range salvo missiles and fighters are a
> major part of planetary defense. So diverting some of these
> resources (after the space based threat is dimished) would not
> be out of the question (cost vs. value gained may however,
> reduce this likelyhood).

Depends on the scenario....  Once played in a spaceport defense game
using
SG.  Had lots of enemy forces crowded around a large fuel dump.  I spent
an
inordinate amout of munitions, including a heavy air defense missile, to
blow that thing up.  (The dice gods must have been very angry at me that
day.)  It finally did explode, taking a couple of units with it, but my
opponent had time to disperse himself somewhat with my ineffective
attempts
to detonate it.

So, a 'wasted' heavy AA missile, and a destroyed fuel dump (in a
starbase we
wanted to keep).    Heavy hits, but we deemed it worth it compared what
we
were up against.

Somewhere, I had a point to this......

> -----
> Brian Bell
> -----

Mike Hudak
mihudak@state.pa.us

Fact is, there's nothing out there you can't do.....
Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you.....

Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem,"Can you picture that", Muppet Movie
Soundtrack

Prev: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps Next: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps