Prev: RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps Next: RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:08:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:34:32 -0700 (PDT), Robert Makowsky
<rmakowsky@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I think blimps are large slow targets that will be
>juicy to any fighter pilot in the sky.  In a WW-I
>setting they can outclimb the fighters of the day but
>in any later setting they are not viable in a combat
>zone that has other air assets.

In Pournelle's _There Will Be War_ series, there were a number of
stories
based on air combat on a planet with a much thicker atmosphere than
ours. The
combat mostly involved very big but fairly light aircraft, and a lot of
zepplins. It was an interesting series. I'm not sure how much was
technically
feasible, but it would make for a neat game.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps Next: RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps