Prev: Re: [SG2) Decals Next: RE: Battle blimps

Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:17:09 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions

Quoting Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>:

> Red/green colour blindness is common enough, though, that it should be
> taken
> into account. Of course I say this while today we still see computer
> programs
> that ignore the issue. I was fortunate enough to sit beside someone
who
> was
> red-green colour blind when I worked at Kodak. I let him test out some
> screens
> I'd designed. It was interesting to hear his comments.

It varies in intensity - a lot of people can't tell whether something is
red or
green unless they've actually got something red to compare it to, some
people
are just not 100% sure about their decision but are usually right.

I did once share a house with a chap who was really bad at that sort of
thing.
Occaisionally had to point out the odd Orc in his army that had a very
carefully shaded and highlit but bright red face..

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: Re: [SG2) Decals Next: RE: Battle blimps