Prev: [MERCS] Weapons available Next: Re: small airship mini- Battle Blimp or Aeronef dig

RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:52:54 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

G'day,

This is less a criticism and more a question/observation...I notice that
you
split the juves from the warriors. I may be way wrong, but hasn't there
been
comments in the past that this approach doesn't work (for humans) or
have I
got it arse about and "diluting" squads with green troops is a bad
thing?

> The Kra'Vak PA is very retro looking. For an
> advanced civiliation (better starship engines than humans), it was
> somewhat strange.

Well to human eyes anyway, to KV it may be the swishest thing since
sliced
.... whatever the KV equivalent of bread is ;)

> Confidence Levels:
> CO: Controlled - Any Action
> ST: Steady - Any Action
> SH: Shaken - Test or Ro'Kah if enemy is in Close or 2nd Range band.
> BR: Brink of Ro'Kah - Test or Ro'Kah if any ememy in LOS.
> RO: Ro'Kah Over - Must withdraw, no fire unless fired upon.

I like this (!!) as it avoids the "will fight to way past when I should
sensibly have left" problem.

> Ro'Kah:
> A unit in Ro'Kah must attack the closest enemy in sight and attempt to
> close with it until they can close assault it. If no enemy is in
> sight, they must test (at +3) or attack each other (other
> members of the Claw).

I can see why you do this, but its probably worth noting that even in
the
preds that do attack "family" members it tends to be toned down vs
attacks
they would carry out on "non-family". Maybe its worth inserting a rule
that
a KV injured in one of these attacks only dies on a 1, rather than a
1-2.

Cheers

Prev: [MERCS] Weapons available Next: Re: small airship mini- Battle Blimp or Aeronef dig