Prev: Re: Rhine Dale Raid (even longer) Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

RE: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:
> Thomas Barclay has many of these rules (slight
> variations from what you
> have posted) on his website, Stargrunt.ca
> (http://www.stargrunt.ca/rules/rules_index.htm)
> [Platoon Sergeants, Leaders
> as Individuals, Head to Head Rallying].

I know.  It's where I got the idea.

> I have played in a game where some of these are used
> and it does not seem
> too unbalancing. But both sides had PSGs. Intuition
> points to having more
> squads on a side without PSGs to maintain balance
> (but I do not know how
> many. 2-5 to make up for the reactivations?).

Depends on which side has superior equipment and total
numbers invovled.  I hate to try to isolate 1 single
factor and try to "balance" that factor individually
(which is yet another beef with the whole Point Cost
discussion).

Offhand, I'd say possibly as heavy as 2-1, depending
on how experienced the players are in using their
reactivations.

John

Prev: Re: Rhine Dale Raid (even longer) Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!