Prev: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages? Next: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?

Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:39:07 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 09:29:59AM -0500, Allan Goodall wrote:
>I will be putting the document on my web site, probably in RTF, Word,
and
>Adobe Acrobat formats. Is there any desire for me to put these up as
HTML
>documents, too? I didn't think there would be, as anyone really
interested in
>it would simply pull down the whole file, but I thought I'd ask first.

Yes. HTML is much easier than any of those other formats to convert for
other uses - for example, as a document on a palmtop. Acrobat Reader
(for example) is a large, buggy piece of software which certainly isn't
on every system from which I access the net; HTML, in a pinch, can be
read manually.

(Also, I'm not sure about RTF, but MS-Word and Acrobat are proprietary
standards, subject to change at any time. Just ask anyone who's tried to
load old Word files...)

Prev: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages? Next: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?