Prev: Re: [SG2] Black Hawk Down Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:07:49 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:55:53AM -0500, Adrian Johnson wrote:
>Is a points system:
>a) to represent the relative combat strength/ability vs. other
>vehicles/units, in ONE PARTICULAR battle (ie the one we're playing
*today*,
>right now);
>b) to represent the "real life" cost of creating that vehicle;
>c) to represent the relative combat strength/ability vs. other
>vehicles/units, in a CAMPAIGN, where strategic movement, supply,
>maintenance, etc. are taken into account.

I want all three. Three separate points systems, quite possibly: rate
each vehicle for "pick-up game" points, "short campaign" points and
"long campaign" points (your a, c and b in that order). Then use
whichever points are relevant when setting up a particular game.

I'm already doing something similar with Oerjan's proposed cost changes
for FT ships - use the book value when playing an extended set of
scenarios, in which it's the construction costs that really matter, and
the adjusted value (making bigger ships much more expensive) for a
one-off game.

Prev: Re: [SG2] Black Hawk Down Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)