Prev: Re: [OT] calling John Atkinson..... Next: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights

Re: [SG] Hand-held grenade launcher ?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:26:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Hand-held grenade launcher ?

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> > The autoGLs listed in the SGII are
> > smaller caliber ones, like the planned 20mm one (I
> > forget designation) that's supposed to be the LMG
> > version of the OICW generation.
>
> Could that not have been intended as a heavier
> autogrenade launcher like the
> Russian 30 mm AGS-17 or a 37 mm/40 mm like the H&K
> GMG
> Granatenmaschinengewehr ?

Could have been.  YMMV.  I was making that assumption
based on the GLs detailed in the SGII rulebook.

> A general question: When people state that
> such-and-such a SG weapon is
> comparable to the real-life XYZ, is this just a
> guess or do you have info
> that goes beyond what's in the rule book ?

Most of it's extrapolation, which is a fancy way of
saying "a guess".  Jon is careful not to get involved.

> I guess it's plausible to give it unlimited
> ammunition in game terms ?

Well, given the length of the average SGII game, yes.

John

Prev: Re: [OT] calling John Atkinson..... Next: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights