Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses

Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:12:27 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

> Actually, without the massive amount of weight, the bulldozer could go
> much faster, but it would also need a totally different transmission.
> Most
> heavy vehicles have their speed limited mainly by their transmission,
> which is geared very low to account for both their large weight and
> their need to have loads of power.

Roight then! This c/would explain "slow tracked" and "fast tracked" (or
any "slow/fast") mobility difference then, no? So if you take an
essentially "slow velocity" vehicle, change the transmission so its
speed can be higher, you've basically just upgraded to "fast velocity".
Just removing the weight isn't going to allow a "slow velocity" vehicle
to reach "fast velocity" speeds (this is my understanding of it, and
what I was trying to poorly and inadequately say last night; I'm much
better dealing with stellar things ;-)

> The reason that you will never get to the speeds of a NASCAR is that
> they have ten times the power and less weight. Even if you were
dropped
> from a Hercules at 20000 feet, the NASCAR would still be faster,
> although you would stop much faster ;)

You know how to make my day, Tony.  ;-)

Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses