Prev: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

Vehicle classes

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:35:33 -0400
Subject: Vehicle classes

At 11:01 AM +0100 4/8/02, Tony Francis wrote:

>Others which are a bit subjective, depending on your view of size
>classes :
>
>Panzer I (two MGs on a class-1 vehicle)

I'd say a Panzer I is closer to size 2. Not so much based on the foot
print but the volume too.

>Any very small (ie class-1) tank with a main gun and co-ax MG

Renault FTs could be a class 1, but I'd go up a bit to class 2.

>British A9 cruiser (2-pdr, co-ax MG, two independent turreted MG -
>probably a class-3 vehicle)
>M3 Lee (37mm, 75mm, co-ax MG, turreted MG, bow MG - probably class-3
>possibly -4)
>M8 Greyhound (37mm, co-ax MG, AA HMG - class-1 maybe -2)
>etc.

I pretty much put jeep sized vehicles at class 1. Class 2 fits most
smaller armored vehicles. A M151 is small. It can carry a single MG
or if you really want to beef it up, a bit of extra MGs and kit in
the case of the Fast Attack version of the M151 that one MEU put
together.

Tanks and Armored cars tend to be taller. A dingo would be a 1, but a
ferret a 2. I say this based on the Ferret's ability in the Mk2
version to carry 3 people and its taller form. The Fox is definitely
a class 2. Luchs I rate as class 3.

Sherman variants I'd put in the class 3 or 4 size, those suckers are
tall. Greyhound class 2-3. Hard to say. I'd have to walk around the
real thing a bit more. Saladin's are definitely class 3.

Abrams goes to class 4. M88, I'd say class 4 as well.

When deciding size for a vehicle, I try to look at it's volume for the
basis.

Ryan, collector of 1:1 scale military vehicles.

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)