Prev: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Wet Palette was >>-->Re: Stuart's Painting Tips

Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:12:11 +0100
Subject: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:41:55AM -0800, W. Nitsche wrote:
>[TomB wrote]
>> ship bottom). However, I applied cyanoacrylate
>> to the inner tube and slid it on, and it stuck
>> about a 0.5 mm out from the hull (fast drying
>> ^%$$!!), I'm assuming that I should get some
>> slower drying glue here....
>Yeah, I use 5-minute epoxy for just that reason (meaning I did the same
>thing).

That's one of the reasons I've given up on cyanoacrylate; the other is
that I've found it has a tendency to be very brittle, particularly after
a few months and if it has any "structural" role (e.g. filling gaps)
rather than just being a thin layer between surfaces. I'm sure it has
its uses, but miniature-work (for me at least) isn't among them.

Prev: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Wet Palette was >>-->Re: Stuart's Painting Tips