Prev: RE: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic Next: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:03:12 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

Tony Francis schrieb:
> > Any other vehicles that DS2 can't build ?
>
> Lots of real vehicles have too many MGs to be legal (I'm
> assuming the 'free' APSW is a pintle mounted weapon only,
> so the co-ax has to be paid for).

I don't think is stated explicitly in the rules. I always assumed it
could be any type of MG.

> I can offer the following perfect example off the
> top of my head
> (mostly WW2 since my knowledge of that is better than
> more recent vehicles) :
>
> Soviet T35 tank (1 76mm gun, 2 45mm, 5-6 MGs)

I don't think this saw operational use, did it ?

But yes, something along those lines should be made legal.
Certainly, limits on small weapons should be less stringent than on
large ones.

> There are others that would be illegal on the 'no weapons
> system greater
> than vehicle size+1' rule, depending on how you rate
> vehicle sizes (IMHO the Ontos would only be a class-1, but a SLAM has
> minimum size class of 3).

As others said, the SLAM lower limt is not too convincing, either.

> A few examples (my opinion only, of course) :
>
> PzI with 15cm sIG33 Infantry gun (heavy artillery
> (class-6 weapon) on a class-1 vehicle !)

Yes, Apart from the question whether it should not perahps be a class 5
weapon or smaller. There were eaven heavier guns.

> Several other small German SPGs which mounted the 15cm
> sIG or 15cm sFH weapons

Generally thought of as unbalanced, underpowered, and prone to
breakdowns. Something like that should have serious penalties to its
mobility.
Or define it as a "stealthed" class 5 vehicle ;-)

> Any vehicle smaller than class-5 mounting a heavy
> artillery piece (eg M-12 or M-40)

Or even the various (mostly modern) artillery pieces with an auxiliary
engine.

Greetings

Prev: RE: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic Next: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation