Prev: 6mm NAC and NSL PA Infantry Next: Re: DESK points and game balancing

[DSIII] points based on pure capacity.

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:06:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [DSIII] points based on pure capacity.

Back to this "no points" system.

How about:

<re-iterate>

capacity = (3**tech) * size    # the 3 could be modified

</re-iterate>

Cost = capacity * (size modifier)

Where a size 3 vehicle would have a modifier of 1, a size
2 would have a modifier of .8, a size 1 .6, etc.

You design your vehicle with the capacity system.  The
varying levels of miniaturization are accounted for by
higher capacity which equates to higher cost.  We let
the best vehicle designs fall out and don't worry about
perfect balance as we will not achieve that.  The balance
comes in when deciding how much capacity a sytem takes.

Prev: 6mm NAC and NSL PA Infantry Next: Re: DESK points and game balancing