Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic

Re: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 00:14:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic

> > Long bristle brushes are generally
> > better than short--they hold shape better and hold more paint.

Beth replied:
> I loath long bristle brushes, I must paint with crappy hand style as
they
> "bend" over at the tip very quickly and lose shape more quickly (at
least in
> my hands).

If you mean the tips curl, apparently that's a hazard of artificial
brushes.  IIRC, Stuart was saying that a long bristle will tend to
curve gently rather than make a sharp bend which causes the bristles
to splay.  That's how I understood it, anyway, but Chan Faunce and
Brian Bell might be able to give a better explanation.

Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic