Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: RE: [SGII] Mortars questions

Power projection in very high tech warfare

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:02:06 -0800
Subject: Power projection in very high tech warfare

Striker 2 handles orbital support much like Corps artillery assets in
Command Decision, i.e. it a certain number of strikes that certain
stands can spot for. In Striker 2, those Zho tanks can actually engage
those support assets with direct fire. And vice versa. And I'd want to
play a lot of space battles (the FT High Guard adaption, Power
Projection is nice) to see what sort of support an orbital force can
actually provide.

For a Full Thrust interface scenario you'd want a planetary combat
system scaled for high performance grav tanks and as abstract as
possible. or you could locate your battlefield on a spot of map na dput
that on the FT map somewhere appropriate. I've always wanted do an
orbital assault on a map of the San Francisco area. There are a lot of
rolling hills around here for tanks to play hide and seek in. And
probably a very busy starport spanning SF, Oakland, and San Jose

Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: RE: [SGII] Mortars questions