Prev: Re: VEHICLE SPEED AND MANUEVERABILITY Next: RE: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Re: [FT]: Base Construction

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:37:55 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT]: Base Construction

Roger Books wrote:

>SMLs which hit average 12.25 damage each.  Against immobile targets
>they _always_ hit.  To play the odds and get a complete kill with
>a PDS you need to fire 8 PDSs at each SML.  If I'm doing a base
>assault with FSE that base can expect 20-30 launchers on target.
>That base needs 240 PDSs to handle that kind of force.  I'll let
>someone else tell you how many points get through even at that,
>my stastics aren't currently up to it.

I don't have the exact average (and don't have time to calculate it),
but
you can expect on average ~1 point per SM salvo to get through (...most
of
it from the one salvo your massed PDSs completely failed to miss, of
course
:-/ ).

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: VEHICLE SPEED AND MANUEVERABILITY Next: RE: [DS] Points system (fresh)