Prev: Re: BUILDINGS Next: RE: Boone's Company

Re: [DSII] Heresey

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:52:59 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Heresey

On  4-Apr-02 at 09:25, John Crimmins (johncrim@voicenet.com) wrote:

> It seems that DSII is missing this factor; it's very easy to see (and
> design) the ideal tank.  Given two grav tanks of similar size with
> turreted weapons,  designed by two different people, how different are

> the end results going to be?

If you are working from a mini they should be close.  After all, at
DS scale how different are modern tanks from each other?

Replace your long gun with a SLAM system and things will be different.
GMS/Hs work well.  Try going lower tech and see how many more tanks
you get.  A completely different feel.

> Solution?  Beats me.	I'd like to see something like the FT building
> system, or even (bear with me for a moment here) classic Car Wars.
> Given $15,000  to spend, you could end up with a ton of different
> vehicles, all of them of similar combat potential.  Maybe I need
> more experience with the system, but it
> seems to me that DSII can't do the same right now.

I really would prefer not to go to  the complexity of Car Wars.

Oh, it's just a preference, but I would prefer to keep capacity
points.

The big problem I have is that low tech vehicles easily overwhelm
a group of equivalent point value high tech vehicles.

Prev: Re: BUILDINGS Next: RE: Boone's Company