Prev: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:47:14 +1200
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Beth asked:
> All caveats etc aside, what would you like to see in a DS points
system

I'd like to see points cost based directly on dice size. For example,
damage
of D4 costs, say, 4 points, damage D12 costs 12 points.

I don't mind a modifier or multiplier for each category. For example,
damage
D6 costing 6 points, movement D6 costing 6 * 0.5 = 3 points and range
12"
costing 12 * 1.5 points = 18 points (or whatever).

I'd like to see Speed/Mobility, Firepower and Armour be a tradeoff,
pulling
in three different directions.

I'd like to see open-topped as modifier that reduces a vehicle's cost
(perhaps by half?), and NBC sealed as a cost multiplier (perhaps times
two?).

It should be possible to create the weapon systems from Damage, Range
and
Type, with a modifier for area effect or indirect.

Ideally, it would be nice if the new DS points system was compatible
with SG
as well. It would also be nice for capacity to remain at one soldier =
one
capacity point, as this allows a reasonable standard for converting real
world vehicles like APCs into DS.

If possible, I'd like Speed to be expressed in FMA dice range of D4
through
D12, instead of inches or MUs. This way, one can play DS by stating that
vehicles being moved by the player are in motion, the other vehicles are
stopped. This then leads to the elimination of measuring for movement at
least.

Feel free to grab anything that looks good from my site.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)