Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants

Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:03:46 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

Thomas Barclay schrieb:
> Made my first tubular brass base for FT
> (SemFed BB from Brigade.... love that model
> Tony!).
>
> Problems:
> 1) Squaring a hole in the bottom of the BB -
> 2) Installation of brass outer collar - I think I
> 3) Installation of brass stand into old GeoHex
> base. How do you gaurantee verticality and
> perpendicularity in both relevant axes?

I have used a slightly different approach. Round tubes cut at a 45
degree angle. This is enough to ensure a reasonably stable direction of
the mini. Solves the first two problems.
Aligning the upright part on the stand is still not really easy,
though.

See:
http://home.t-online.de/home/kh.ranitzsch/gallery/sf_modelling.html

Greetings

Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants