Prev: FT detachable base construction/installation Next: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

ROE & MPs

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 02:04:18 -0500
Subject: ROE & MPs

MPs:
Flak and Ryan - thanks!
Flak, I have no trouble imagining the batman
belt - I worked with RCMP for 5 years! :)

ROE:
Alan said:
The example they showed was a squad
proceeding down a road - 2 un-uniformed
males run up, hurl insults, hurl stones, then
hurl grenades, and run away. The ROE
stated that they should NOT be shot at,
because after throwing the grenades, they
were no threat.

[Tomb] Sadly, were this my squad, they'd
have been shot while throwing the
grenades. After all, this works under the
same 5 second rule as a dropped cookie....
(if 5 seconds hasn't elapsed, they are fair
game still).

You want to know a bit about an example
ROE? Watch the movie Rules of
Engagement with Samuel Jackson and
Tommy Lee Jones. Interesting on many
levels... maybe not accurate entirely, but it
gives an idea of what handcuffing an ROE
can place on one (in this case, ignored)
and what can happen if you don't follow it
and the ridiculous lengths you are expected
to go to sometimes to honour your ROE.

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: FT detachable base construction/installation Next: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)