Prev: [Paint] Magic Wash ink Next: Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 02 Apr 2002 13:08:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

MPs in the US Army wear the same uniforms/equipment (albeit with
different weapons) as other combat arms with the following exception:

Brassards.  They're basically an armband worn on the left arm.	When on
tactical ops they are subdued colors and in garrison they're black with
the letters "MP" in white.  Also, they usually had either the US flag
above the letters "MP" or the unit patch the MP was assigned to or the
Provost Marshall's Office (equiv: Police Station/precinct) they were
working out of.

Note that the brassards are only worn during Law-Enforcement duties or
out on REAL tactical ops.  Very rarely were brassards worn during
training, when they were it was usually because we were working our MP
missions training with another unit, so they needed to know we were the
MP's and not OPFOR.  They were never worn as a part of the uniform
during routine duties in garrison.

--Flak

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: [Paint] Magic Wash ink Next: Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc.