Prev: Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc. Next: [Paint] Magic Wash ink

Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:51:29 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Ryan M Gill werote:

>Wouldn't it make more sense for a Recon by fire result of discovered
>be based on the "target" unit being forced to make a reaction test.

Yes, but I was first working on establishing general rules for hidden
units,
I had not yet moved on to my RBF ideas.

>If they fail, someone shoots back thus revealing their position and
>type. If they make the test, then they don't respond (which is what
>recon by fire is supposed to make a unit do) and thus they wait out
>the fire. Ideally, the reaction test would be made in secret whether
>there were a unit there for real or not, thus not really revealing if
>there is a unit there or not if the roll is made or if there is
>nothing there or not.

This is actually what I had in mind.  More on that once the rest of the
hidden unit house rules are established.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc. Next: [Paint] Magic Wash ink