Prev: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:41:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

At 12:35 PM -0500 4/2/02, Tomb wrote:
>Hiya,
>
>I know some of you listers (and your sig others, IIRC) are MPs or were.
>Help me out here: What uniform do MPs usually wear when on combat ops
or
>when doing LEA? I ask because I've got a set of 2 MPs walking plus 2 in
>a jeep from GZG and I'm wondering how to paint them up - should I be
>putting them in standard cammie jammies for the force they represent
(in
>this case, probably NAC or Independent to accompany my Gurkhas) or
>should they be wearing some sort of plainer garrison dress? And should
>be worrying about brassards? And what would be an appropriate colour
for
>NAC Berets? (Red(ish) for brit, IIRC, but what colour for US?)

Standard uniforms plus shoulder tabs/brassards or arm bands. As they
are NAC, I'd say you be sure you differentiate from the Airborne guys
with a scarlet vs maroon beret. I've seen some pics of WWII Brit MPS
with several things making them stand out. US MPs I've always seen
with White bands and MP on a Helmet.

>The fact these guys are carrying self-loader pistols (rather than ARs)
>and wearing berets may suggest that they are garrison guys... for
combat
>MPs, maybe I should be using standard NAC infantry figures in helmets
>with ARs, SAWs, etc.? And maybe the Jeep I should be using should be a
>NAC combat jeep with tribarrel MG?

Depends on what they are doing. If they are coordinating traffic
headed to the FEBE, then they could be more lightly armed. Ideally,
I'd place an extra rifle or two on the jeep nearby or slung on one of
the guys.

>And are there or are there not such a thing as airborne MPs? I seem to
>recall hearing something to that effect once, but it could have been
>urban (military) legend.

They are part of the Divisonal Command organization. They go in with
the HQ just like other support elements do.

>Thanks for the info. I'm sort of thinking of a scenario involving MPs,
>some prisoners being transfered or picked up from an infantry unit, and
>an enemy counterattack that thus forces the MPs to be involved.....

Or they'd be at a moderately rear area junction.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire