Prev: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants

Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 18:21:37 +0200
Subject: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@voicenet.com>

> Bulk is one factor -- they're just too damn big for a lot of
carnivores.
And for those that *can* take them on, all of the vital organs are
protected
by that big > layer of flab -- it takes work to kill a Beast, and while
the
predator or predators are working on killing the chosen victim, the rest
of
the herd can shuffle off
> to Buffalo.
>
> At least, that was the assumption.  I'm also guessing that their
skulls
are pretty thick, making the heads an undesirable target

> Any of this remotely plausible?  It's not like I'm making it up as I
go
along, or anything like that!  No, no, not me....

> But in any case, having attacks make them run faster...that only makes
sense, really.	Start the charge at d8 inches, increase it to d10 when
they
start
> taking hits?

As an alternative approach, you could give them no flee instinct at all.
Animals with strong defences (musk oxen, armadillos, porcupine) just
roll up
or form circle, present their most dangerous side to the enmy. For your
purpose, you probably want some aggressive action.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants