Prev: Re: [OT] Oz Headgear Next: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:27:37 +0100
Subject: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

The Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry (my family Regiment) wear a red
flash
on the beret as a battle honour from the American rebellion (The Paoli
Massacre).
When painting NAC feel free to put 'tribal' insignia on. Hell make them
up
- traditions had to start somewhere.
John

At 23:44 30/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>At 2:11 PM +1000 3/31/02, Derek Fulton wrote:
>>At 03:06  30/03/02 -0500, Ryan wrote:
>>>The British use the following colors for berets to my understanding
>>>
>>>Black	   Royal Tank Regiment and Royal Armored Corps (Dates
back
>>>to WWII)
>>>Dk Brown	   Royal Hussars
>>>Green	   Royal Marine Commandos
>>>Dk Green	   Army Commandos
>>
>>I take it these are WWII vintage British Army Commandos, as they
British
>>Army scrapped all their commando units in 1946(?). The only Commando
>>units today are of course the Royal Marines.
>
>Aye. Thats correct. I was thinking of the ones I knew, then went to my
>books on various units from WWII to modern times. Not all of them were
>represented for modern times, but some were. The tribal nature of the
>British Army makes it difficult when you are also trying to get a grasp
of
>vehicle specifics as well. Heck, just keeping	all the various
regiments
>straight is hard. Royal Green Jackets, Royal Hussars, Scots Greys,
Scots

_Oo\=======/_O_
>    |---\________/---|        [_(3)______W__]
>     |~|\	  /|~|	       |~|/BSV 575\|~|
>     |~|=\______/=|~|	       |~|=|_____|=|~|
>     |~|	   |~|	       |~|	   |~|
>    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: [OT] Oz Headgear Next: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps