Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: FYI: Ebay auctions that could be of interest

RE: Reading Request.

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 07:58:07 -0500
Subject: RE: Reading Request.

At 10:53 PM -0700 3/31/02, Don Greenfield wrote:
>It's actually a bolt action/semi-auto rifle.  I don't see anything
>too bizarre about it.	If Franchi can make the SPAS 12 in
>pump/semiauto, I can't see why it would be too terribly difficult to
>make Roger's weapon.  Why, is a bigger question.  If you've got
>space drives and power-armour, it shouldn't be too difficult to have
>semiauto hunting rifles as accurate as bolt-action jobs.  HK does it
>today, after all.

Its just that if you have an unlocking system that rotates the bolt
(which most semis use, except for the roller locking (HK) or tilt
locking ones (FN) then you have a straight back pull on the whole
carrier. No need to rotated and pull it back yourself. Just pull it
straight back like it were a ross rifle. Not really a bolt action....

Frankly from the conversation with John Ringo (1), he was relating
Weber's left field nature on the whole idea of the Prince's rifle.

1. Overall the conversation was about why I should get the book. I
had just shown up at the store and he was there to drop off some
books for the publisher. I ended up chatting with him about some if
the books and got a signed copy of Hym Before Battle as I recall. He
asked if I was planning on buying march upcountry, and I asked what
the story was....After all, if you can get the plot synopsis from one
of the Authors....I ended up buying after I was finished with Gust
Front.
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |
	| O--=-  |	       |	   |
    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo

Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: FYI: Ebay auctions that could be of interest