Prev: Re: SG - hover APCs and tanks Next: Riding Dogs for 15mm

Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

From: "Eli Arndt" <eli_arndt@w...>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:02:39 -0800
Subject: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

If you are feeling ambitious you could always do a couple of variations
and then do some resin cast bits so you don't end up having to sculpt
from scratch every cap.  You could even do them as one sided casts, with
a flat spot where theh at meets the head.  A little putty and fill work
and each one should match up easy.

Eli

>Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:10:04 -0500
> gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> Re: KNOCKING
THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball capsReply-To:
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

>At 3:59 PM -0500 3/31/02, Scott Case wrote:
>>
>>The old ball cap was a very distinctive and unique part of the army
>>uniform. When you saw a group of NATO soldiers it was pretty easy to
>>pick out the Americans by the 'ball caps'. In addition, the cap
>>points back to the Army's history- remember the Civil War? Vietnam
>>too...It also points to the American people and the national
>>pastime- baseball. An easy visual link to the American people.
>
>Good point. I still think the US army could benefit from a little bit
>of tribalism. Not that it has to manifest in the way that it does in
>the British Army. The Cav guys have the right idea. From most
>accounts, they seemed to derive some thing special from having those
>stetsons and really stood out. Not quite the same as just giving
>everyone the same black beret. Army of one and everyone has the same
>headwear still?
>

>>As an aside to make this little rant of mine 'on topic', I'm
>>considering a conversion to a few of my NAC troops to give them a
>>sort of American look (my guys have 1st ID patchs on their
>>shoulders), and I'm thinking about maybe the old 'ball cap'... any
>>ideas on how to do that conversion?
>
>Miliput/putty. How to keep the brims from breaking I'm not sure.
>Perhaps a little tiny plastic brim stuck into the putty once the
>beret part has been cut away?
>--
>--
>Ryan Gill			   rmgill@mindspring.com
>	 |	  |
>	 | O--=-  |		|	    |
>	 |_/|o|_\_|		| _________ |
>	 / 00DA61 \		|/---------\|
>     _w/^=_[__]_= \w_		// [_]	o[]\\
>    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo

Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com.
Hundreds of choices. It's free!
http://www.bigmailbox.com

Prev: Re: SG - hover APCs and tanks Next: Riding Dogs for 15mm