Prev: RE: Re: Calling all Listers Next: Re: "Strange" Leo1 on Battlefront web page

Washington DC Area Gamers

From: Rick Rutherford <Rick@e...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:31:12 -0500
Subject: Washington DC Area Gamers

Hi all,

There are a couple of retail stores in the Washington DC metro
area where miniatures gamers usually congregate:

Little Wars
11213K Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA
(703) 352-9222

The Game Parlor
Sully Place Shopping Center
13936 Metrotech Drive, Chantilly,  VA. 20151
Phone : (703) 803-3114
Fax : (703) 803-3115

Personally, I go to Little Wars every Thursday night with a
mostly-regular group of 10-20 people and play various miniatures
games, including all of the GZG games. In fact, Full Thrust was
the game we all started playing together, over 7 years ago.
It's a very open group, and if you're willing to introduce
yourself & show that you're interested, you'll be invited to
sit down and play.

The owner of the store is really into miniatures games, both
historical & fantasy/sci-fi, and knows where to get obscure
and hard-to-find figures. He has even sculpted some 25mm
scale Vietnam-era historical figures, but I forget who
manufactures them.

Even though I live in suburban Maryland, I regularly make the
trek out to Fairfax, VA to play miniatures... luckily, there
seems to be a critical mass of miniatures gamers in the area,
and that has kept things going for quite some time now.

In addition, there's a gaming group called "NOVAG" (Northern
Virginia Gamers) that gets together at the Game Parlor on Fridays
and Saturdays, and they also play miniatures games (I don't know
which ones, exactly). There's a small rivalry between the owners
of the two stores, but everyone shops at both, regardless.

NOVAG is also holding a 1-day convention this Saturday, March 30.
The convention is called GAMECON 16, and it's held at the
WestPark Hotel, at 8401 WestPark Drive, in Tyson's Corner, VA.
Tel: (703)734-2800 or 800-533-3301
If you're familiar with the area, it's next to route 7,
about 2 miles east of the Dulles toll road and a quarter mile
west of Rt. 123. Most of the local gaming people will be there.

Prev: RE: Re: Calling all Listers Next: Re: "Strange" Leo1 on Battlefront web page