Prev: Re: "Strange" Leo1 on Battlefront web page Next: RE: Re: Calling all Listers

Re: Reading Request.

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:09:17 +0000
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 03:51:41PM +0000, Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
>Of course, if you like the Pournelle stories, The Mote in God's Eye,
>The Gripping Hand (alias The Moat Around Murcheson's Eye) and King
>David's Spaceship (possibly alias A Spaceship for the King) are worth a

>read -- the latter for some good "ancients"-style ground combat!

All set in the same universe, too, though the Mote stuff is much later.

>And
>there's a series of books by other authors that takes Falkenburg's
>Mercenary Legion even further on in time, but I haven't read them.

_Prince of Mercenaries_ includes _Silent Leges_ in modified form; ditto
_His Truth Goes Marching On_ (told in flashback). That's purely by
Pournelle.

Two later volumes with S.M.Stirling: _Go, Tell The Spartans_ and
_Prince of Sparta_.

Prev: Re: "Strange" Leo1 on Battlefront web page Next: RE: Re: Calling all Listers