Prev: Re: Merkavas ? Next: Re: Terrain (was Re: Brewing up!)

Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:45:48 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

SLEEP like that?  sure.

for instance, i (and  we) were able to sleep like logs in front of the
battery axis of 6 ea 105mm howitzers firing H and I and fire, but  when
the battery went to a fire mission mode, we  were  awake.
or when the battery stopped firing!

also  movement of a man nearby would wake us up at the height of a
battry fire mission.

this happened at a FSB near HWY 13 called THUNDER 11.

i could sleep with a radio handset under my ear and ignor all call signs
but mine.

or be awaken from exhausted sleep by the  sound of silence where there
should be night noises.

the sound of a person moving around nearby in the NDP would  wke me
instantly.

the ability to sleep when and where for as long as possible is an old
combat soldier habit.

Prev: Re: Merkavas ? Next: Re: Terrain (was Re: Brewing up!)