Prev: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge Next: Religous extremities...Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:13:35 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

Don Greenfield wrote:

>>Good point. Or colonists like ultra-orthodox Mormons who consider
mildly
>>psycho-active substances ( like chocolate ) to be The Spawn Of Satan.
>
>	  Are there any such Mormons down under?

We're talking about a sci-fi future where any group may take any
doctrine
and overdo it.

'Cause here in the
>heart
>of Mormondom we eat lots and lots of chocolate (normally in ice cream
>form).

I spent 8 years living in Southern Idaho, had a higher % of the
population
that was Mormon than most parts of Utah.  The stricter ones tended to
avoid
Cola, coffee, etc., anything with caffeine, along with Tobacco and
alchohol.
  It seemed to be a belief practiced in degrees.  An "Ultra-Orthodox
Sect"
on another planet may just, as mentioned above, take it to an extreme.

3B^2

Prev: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge Next: Religous extremities...Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge