Prev: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: We Were Soldiers

Re: We Were Soldiers

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:41:09 -0500
Subject: Re: We Were Soldiers

At 3:25 PM +0000 3/22/02, Germ wrote:

>Mr Great Grandfather spent the 1st world war as ground
>crew for the origins of the RAF.
>Never got to speak to him about it he died when I was young.
>(died at 90 mind you!)
>
>Mr Grandfather was an infantryman in WW2, talking about the war was
banned
>so I don't know much about what he did. My grandmother has lots of
desert
>gear still so probably in North Africa.
>Mind you the only tale I did hear was that my grandfather broke his leg
on
>practice
>parachute jumps and subsequently missed operation Market Garden!
>That's fate for ya.

My Grandfather on my Mom's side was an Instrument Instructor. He was
so good they didn't send him over seas. He later joined Eddie
Rickenbackers team at EAL for 20 years.

My Great Uncle on my Dad's side was a Flight engineer on a B-17. He
was shot down over occupied Europe and spent a good portion of his
time in the basement of a resistance house. I suspect it was a Dutch
House. I need to get in touch with that part of the family and try to
find out.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF        -

Prev: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: We Were Soldiers