Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Looking For Marders in all the Wrong Places.

Re: "Education" System, was Re: [SG] HAMR

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:05:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Education" System, was Re: [SG] HAMR

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect that 75% is conservative.

Depends.

> >But at any rate, I soon discovered that "gifted" is
> >generally teacher-speak for "I don't know what the
> >hell to do with him!"
>
> Yeah, that's the core of it.	Which is why some of
> us should become teachers
> ourselves.

Try and reform the system from inside?	I say burn the
system to the ground and start all over again--this
time with initial premises other than "Children are a
nuisance and should be locked up during daytime
hours." and "The function of the education system is
to provide free childcare."  As it exists, it's past
reform.

John

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Looking For Marders in all the Wrong Places.