Prev: Re: We Were Soldiers- It's a funny old world Next: Re: DS: More Dropship ?'s

Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:52:12 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:59:06 +0000, Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzg.keme.co.uk>
wrote:

>Consider using "basic" FT2 style generic ship designs rather than FB
>specifics to start with, and keeping to simple weapons (beams and
stuff)
>rather than introducing the more exotic ones right away.

He wants to play with the fleet books. He saw that I was a playtester on
FB1
and he's hot to use some of the stuff in that. Besides, I don't want to
confuse him later with FT2 stuff.

I will keep it simple, though. He's a bright kid and should pick up on
things
fairly easily.

>A suggestion to speed things up if you fear waning of interest (and
also
>useful for teaching younger kids the game) is to start off with him not
>having to write orders - YOU write your orders, then he moves his ships
as
>he wishes (within the rules of course), then you move yours according
>your orders;

This is a REALLY good idea. I may have to rethink the FSE, then. I'll
stay
away from SMs and go for simpler weapons for this reason. Excellent
suggestion, Jon!

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: We Were Soldiers- It's a funny old world Next: Re: DS: More Dropship ?'s