Prev: We Were Soldiers Next: RE: Re: [SG] David's KraVak rules

Re: We Were Soldiers

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:49:01 +0000
Subject: Re: We Were Soldiers

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:44:23AM -0500, Tomb wrote:
>He obviously knew on some level it wasn't right to
>blame the Germans for some of it, but that's a big difference from not
>having an emotional association.

It is certainly the case that many people in the UK dislike any sort of
formal friendship with or support for the Japanese, because of the
actions of the Japanese forces in the Second World War. Mostly it's not
people who were there, any more; it's their children, who had to live
with the aftermath...

Prev: We Were Soldiers Next: RE: Re: [SG] David's KraVak rules