Prev: RE: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns Next: RE: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

Re: [OT] style sheets

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:40:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] style sheets

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Germ wrote:

> > The problem is irregular HTML - the 1997 era stuff: all font
> > tags, nested tables and spacer GIFs. Yuck.
> > Steve
>
> Thanks Steve you've just described my website :)

I think I avoid some of these 'sins', at least.

No spacer gifs; all my formatting is done by tables, but that only
because
there ISN'T another way to do it in HTML. I try and avoid nested
tables, they just get ugly in short order.

And I still use FONT tags because, first they work, and second I haven't
taught myself CSS yet...

OTOH, my HTML is entirely hand-coded and I'm pretty careful. The only
reason my pages aren't W3C HTML3.2/4 certifiable is because of the
really,
really terrible coding the various free suppliers use in their ad
banners! (Last time I tried to W3C cert my pages w/ their online
checker,
EVERY ERROR that I got back was in one part or another of Freeserver's
code, not mine...)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: RE: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns Next: RE: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?