Prev: Re: Scouts..... Next: Re: FTL "Warp Surfing" Drive

RE: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:07:51 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:38:41 -0700, Chen-song Qin <cqin@ee.ualberta.ca>
wrote :

> There's 54 vehicles in each box.  18 medium tanks, 18 light tanks, 9
medium
APCs, and 9 light APCs.  This fills out an entire cohort according to
the
RenLeg TO&E (thus "cohort packs").  They are on 9 sprues with 1 medium
APC, 1
light APC, 2 light tanks, and 2 medium tanks on each sprue.  Hope this
helps.

> I've got 8 (!) packs of these myself, 4 from each side, plus the ones
in the
second edition Centurion box.  So I've got quite a few of these :)
Although I
use a TO&E that has 4 vehicles per platoon, so they won't fill out a
battalion
sized unit per box.  Unfortunately I haven't had the chance of painting
any of
these.	(I've been working on a modern GHQ based force recently with GZG

infantry)  Does anyone know if the RenLeg plastics are easy or hard to
paint?

Easy.  I generally prime with enamel, but acrylics go on just as easily.
picked up some extra turrets from Brigade -- I don't really like the
turrets
that they come with -- to make AA vehicles and such.  Still haven't come
up
with a paint scheme that I really like, though.

Are the boxed sets still available anywhere?

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Scouts..... Next: Re: FTL "Warp Surfing" Drive