Prev: [DSII]Painting RenLeg Plastics Next: Re: Scouts.....

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:56:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Brian Bilderback wrote:

> > > If it's anything like Turkish coffee, you're far
> > > more evil than anyone's imagined. ;-)
> >
> >Well, it's made in a wierdly-shaped sort of pot called
> >a briki.  You put in cold water, coffee that's ground
> >really fine, and sugar (to taste--I was taught that
> >you put in almost as much as you do coffee, which
> >makes it really sweet).  Served in tiny little coffee
> >cups, and enough to keep you arguing politics and
> >theology with Greeks until midnight!
>
> Identical method.  Bottom of the cup resembles waste sludge.	 Good
stuff,
> but i pity the kid's parents. ;-)

Turkish/Greek(1) coffee really is evil. And as you say, don't ever, EVER
try to drink the bottom third or half of the cup!

It'll probably melt your teeth, just for starters.

(1. At least when it comes to food, Turkey and Greece are far more
similar
than either would like to admit...)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html -